It is not every day that an organisation encourages their team to keep the same clothes on for three days. But things are different this September, as Aurizon prepares to take on The Sudsy Challenge and ‘keep their kit on for three days’ to raise funds and awareness for people experiencing homelessness.
Aurizon became an Orange Sky National Partner in 2021 and has been a key supporter of our mission ever since. Orange Sky CEO and Co-founder Lucas Patchett believes the partnership was a natural fit.
“Collaborative partnerships are necessary to support the Orange Sky community and what we do. Partnering with Aurizon just makes sense as they are passionate about mental health in rural communities and [all communities],” said Lucas.
Taking on Sudsy for their third consecutive year, Aurizon has 30 team members participating this September. Proud repeat challenger and Group Executive Corporate Cat Peppler knows firsthand the positive impact of this event for her workplace culture and morale.
"The Sudsy Challenge allows our teams from across Australia to take part in an activity that not only benefits Orange Sky, but also starts conversations amongst colleagues, family, friends and members of the communities in which our people live," said Cat.
"It’s a fantastic opportunity to raise your own and other’s understanding of the homelessness challenge in Australia and the hardship faced by so many on a day-to-day basis,"
"The best thing about the challenge was the connection and energy it brought to our team. Not to mention the inter-team rivalry which got the competitive spirit pumping!" said Cat.
So, why should your organisation take on Sudsy?
There are so many benefits that come with joining The Sudsy Challenge. Here are five:
- Support your community: By taking on the challenge, you'll be helping to take a load off the shoulders of people experiencing homelessness and hardship.
- Connect with colleagues and improve company culture: Research conducted by Orange Sky revealed that 77% of employees who participate in team building activities feel more connected to their colleagues. With more workplaces being open to flexibility than ever before, connection has never been so important.
- Meet your CSR Goals: The Sudsy Challenge is a great way to engage your teams in an initiative that makes a positive impact in your community, raising funds to directly support people who are experiencing homelessness.
- Merch & Prizes: Alongside kitting out fundraisers with our 2023 Sudsy t-shirts, there's prizes up for grabs as an extra incentive for all the competitive folk. Nothing like some friendly office rivalry to bring the team together.
- Be part of the conversation and create change: Homelessness in Australia is on the rise, and the cost-of-living crisis is making it harder for everyday Australians to get by. Help us change the conversation around homelessness - and the lives of those doing it tough.
Don’t change clothes. Change lives. Join Aurizon and sign your team up to The Sudsy Challenge today!